Friday, December 20, 2013

Our Little Ladybug Turned ONE!

Ms. Emily's first birthday was on the 11th of December, her party was on the 14th. Of course, there was a wonderful snow storm! Only a handful of guest were able to attend, do to the ice and snow. None the less, it was a great party!

I served soup and sandwiches which turned out to be great for such a cold and snowy day.


We had wonderful decorations, set up by yours truly.



A lot of D.I.Y projects. Like the "ONE" pictured here. This was her "year" table, on which I placed her baby book, photo album of pictures I took during the first year, a few onesies, a newborn diaper, and her growth chart.


Since the party was mostly adults, there needed to be some kind of activity. A time capsule was the perfect idea! Each guest wrote a note to Emily which she will open on her 18th birthday in 2030. I also created sheets of the top 10 artists, songs, albums, movies, and price averages of her first year. My dad stopped and purchased a newspaper.


I made these adorable ladybug strawberries




And cake of course!




Overall, I'd say it was a big hit! Emily enjoyed herself, and I had a lot of fun planning! Next year: The Very Hungry Caterpillar!




1 comment:

  1. What an adorable party! I love those ladybug strawberries!

    ReplyDelete